The draw and first round matches are now online here. For those players starting at 9am please be at the venue by 8.30am. For everyone else, please be there by 9am.
Welcome to the 2016 Club Doubles Lawn Tournament, Sunday 28 August, for Tennis Sydney and Amazon Tennis Members only. The draw is strictly limited to 40 teams. Only one member of your doubles team should enter and pay (whilst nominating your partner). So start lining up your partner now. This event is very popular and, with limited places, will fill fast. The event is also one of our major charity fundraiser days for the year.
Marrickville District Lawn Tennis Club, Livingstone Road, Marrickville NSW (see map below)
Tournament date and times
Sunday 28 August, 9am – 5pm
Fees and terms of entry
40 teams only
$70 per doubles team ($10 per entry to our charity fundraising). A team will not be deemed entered until full payment has been made.
All entries must be made online through the GLTA Tournament Software. If you have played in GLTA tournaments before you will be prompted to “Enter online with an account”. If you are new to GLTA events you will have the option to create an account before completing your entry and payment. You only need to do this once for future GLTA tournaments.
Entries are only open to current financial Members of Tennis Sydney and Amazon Tennis.
• 4 divisions comprising 2 groups of 5 teams per division.
• Each group will have a captain who is responsible for managing balls for the group and reporting the scores back to the tournament desk.
• Within each group, each team will play a round robin of 4 matches of 1 set, first to 6 games.
• 2nd deuce is sudden death point, a standard tiebreak at 5-5.
• The winner and runner up of each group will be determined by sets won. In the event of a tie on sets, the winner will be determined by the higher percentage of games won. ie. Games won divided by total games played (eg. 20 games won, 18 games lost = 20/(20+18) = 52.632%)
The winner of each group will advance to their division final. The runner up of each group will play off for 3rd /4th.